The meeting will be at:
Location: Devon Lions Campground - Chalet bldg. 1140 Saskatchewan Avenue East
Time: 7 pm - 9 pm
Date: Thursday June 20, 2019
Come hear the yearly update on DMHA and participate in the election of the Executive Members for the 2019/2020 Season. After the new board has been voted in there will be an Information Session on the upcoming changes to the Novice program.
DMHA Members attendance of the Annual General Meeting Incentive:
This year on June 20, 2019, at the Annual General Meeting, DMHA will be hosting a draw for one (1) free Player Registration for the coming 2019/2020 hockey season. Each DMHA family present at this years Annual General Meeting will be given one ballet to enter their family name into a draw to receive a chance to win one (1) free Player Registration fee paid.
• Vice President: The Vice President shall, in the absence or inability of the President, assume the duties of the President and shall, in that event, have all the powers, authority, and restrictions of the President. The Vice President is also responsible for the Paid Administrator(s) and coordinating their interviews and evaluations. In addition, the Vice President should chair any Committees for personnel or Member concerns if their involvement has no conflicts of interest due to their presents.
• Secretary: The Secretary will be responsible for preparing and keeping minutes of meetings of the Members, and the Executive throughout the year. They will also keep amendments made to DMHA Rules and Regulations and DMHA Bylaws, and should chair any Committees that reviews these Association documents. The Secretary will also make sure all notices of Members and Executive meetings are sent.
• Treasurer: The Treasurer will be responsible for preparing and keeping the finances of the Society. They will also file the annual return, changes in the Executive, Special Resolutions, and other incorporating documents with the Corporate Registry. Annually the Treasure should chair the preparation of the annual budget Committee. The Treasurer works with the assigned accounting firm and auditors assigned by the Society to make sure the audited financial reports are completed and presented to the Members for approval at the Annual General Meeting. (Note the treasure is a paid position)
• Registrar: The Registrar will maintain an accurate and up to date record of all players registered with DMHA. They will also be responsible for registering players and team staff with Hockey Alberta. The Registrar also makes sure all records of names and addresses of all Members of the Association are kept.
• Coaches Director: The Coaches Director will be responsible for recruiting coaches and chair the Coach selection Committee interviews. They will also be responsible for communicating necessary information with coaches throughout the year with respect to Coach and player development. In addition the Coaches Director should chair any Hockey Alberta player development program change Committees.
• Level Director: The Level Director will be responsible for communicating necessary information with the Level Coordinators and team managers throughout the year. Annually the Level Director should chair Hockey Team evaluation Committees.
• Referee in Chief: The Referee in Chief will work with the North Zone Referees’ Committee to set up an Officiating Clinic for the referees. They will also be responsible for recruiting and retention of referees for DMHA. (Note the referee in chief is a paid position) • Fundraising Director: The Fundraising Director will be responsible for organizing fundraising activities and should chair any fundraising Committees required as determined by the Executive. They will also be the primary contact person with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission with respect to tournament raffles and draws.
• League Representative: The League Representative will represent DMHA at League meetings. They will also serve a role as a league governor, as determined by the League. DMHA is a not-for-profit organizations incorporated under the Societies Act.
In addition to the Executive Director roles, DMHA also has the following Coordinator roles that are filled by the new Executive. These roles are specific support roles that report directly to the Executive:
• Ice Coordinator (Paid Administrator) - please include resume
• Referee Assigner (Paid Administrator) - please include resume
• Website Coordinator • Equipment Coordinator • AA and AAA Representative • Evaluations Coordinator • Initiation Coordinator • Novice Coordinator • Atom Coordinator • Peewee Coordinator • Bantam Coordinator • Midget Coordinator